Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Autumn Alchemy - a pairing of fine art with art inspired poems


This weekend my new exhibit will be hung at the Whitney Center for the Arts in the Colt Gallery.
                                               
Autumn Alchemy is about change, the cycle of life represented in spirals, the wonders of nature, and abstract expressions honoring all the season brings. This exhibit evolved into a pairing of fine art and poetry from a chance meeting when Jan and Jerry Tuckman  walked into my studio during a First Fridays Artswalk in June. I had tacked up some works in progress to see how the new work might be received. I learned Jerry is quite the wordsmith and poet. We exchanged email over the next several weeks and Jerry named many of my other paintings and sent poems inspired by the works. I was thrilled and asked Jerry to join my exhibit. Since that day we have been collaborating on Autumn Alchemy. 

Sacred Spiral



Sacred Spiral - acrylic on canvas board 24" x 20"
Sacred spiral,
stained glass
horn,
trumpeting
(in the richness
of its seashell colors)
all who have been
born . . .
and all
they will
become.
Stare,
be drawn within,
ride each curve,
round each bend.
As life unfolds.
there is a clear
beginning . . .

but no clear
end . . .

Gerald M. Tuckman 7/28/14 


SHOW DATES:  SEPTEMBER 5-27 2014        
OPENING RECEPTION:  SEPTEMBER 5, 20145-8 PM


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I hope you have a wonderful, creative day...