Sunday, August 16, 2009

love of experimenting...

It's been a super busy summer and I was craving some down time to experiment and create without a goal, but wasn't finding the time to do so. All summer I've been working on pieces promised to different venues and a couple of commissions. I'm not complaining mind you, but I really wanted a little bit of "play time" to recharge. My husband gave me the perfect birthday present of a mixed media workshop with one of my favorite teachers, http://pathogan.com/. Well I had a blast, met some wonderful people and created solidly for two straight days with no goal in site. What a wonderful breather it was. I started a number of workshop projects, none of which I've finished, but the pure fun of the weekend will stay with me for a long time to come. This is a piece I've been working on. I'm not sure it will end up anywhere but in my studio pile o' stuff, but the freedom it represents is pure bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I hope you have a wonderful, creative day...