Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Still Here


I visited my Mom in the nursing home and felt we connected for a moment. Maybe that's not a big deal for most of us, but in this case it's significant. My Mom has been living in a nursing home for the past five years needing around the clock supervision and increasing amounts of care. We're told she hasn't much time left. It's been a rocky road for my Mom and me, but God knows I love her. My Mom is on my mind daily. I let my paint brush convey what words alone can not.

Title - Still Here (as in I'm Still Here) - for my mother.

Mom, I know you are still in there. I can't imagine the frustration of not being able to communicate that at all. But the look in your eyes, even for a moment, let me know you are still here. I love you, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I hope you have a wonderful, creative day...