Sunday, October 31, 2010

inspiration versus aspiration...

As some of you know, I joined the "Art on No" group of artists in Pittsfield last month. I really love going there to paint, draw, think about and talk about art...but mostly to create art. Here are the promised photos. The afternoon light is splendid; the energy in my studio is extraordinary and the hours spent here make me truly happy.
 Always the philosopher, I've been thinking a lot lately about what motivates us to create. Some say it's aspiring to new heights, reaching goals, but I find myself motivated more strongly by inspiration wherever I find it...in the studio, in nature, being awestruck by an image I can't seem to let go of, being in love, or dreams. What motivates you?

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it is hard to be inspired. I seem to go into cycles.
    Loved reading your blog and seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I hope you have a wonderful, creative day...